Unity Eastside Youth and Family Ministry provides our children, teens, families and volunteers with the spiritual tools they can use for a lifetime. We serve our youth in a loving, fun, safe and supportive environment, which honors and respects the Christ within each human being.
Sunday Youth Ministry
Unity Eastside Youth and Family Ministry Department welcomes youth of all ages every Sunday during the 10:30 a.m. service. Youth begin the service sitting with their parents. After an opening song, prayers and announcements, youth are invited to the front of the church to receive and give a blessing in song before moving together with their teachers to the Youth and Family Ministry classrooms.
During Sunday Youth Ministry, prayer, yoga, music, meditation, crafts, discussion, creative play, games, outdoor play, and group projects are used to explore weekly themes. The Unity principles and practices are introduced in fun, accessible ways that help empower children to apply what they learn in their daily lives.
Unity’s Five Basic Principles for Children
1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
5. I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
Teen Ministry (Uniteen and Y.O.U.)
In addition, teens in grades six through 12 explore their spirituality during fun and engaging teen events, including bonfires, lock-ins, movie nights, dinners, service opportunities, regional rallies, and retreats.
Our Teen Ministry Program provides an environment that:
- Supports each individual teen in his or her own unique spiritual self-discovery process;
- Encourages a greater understanding of the teachings of Jesus and other spiritual masters;
- Explores Spiritual principles and their relevance in the modern world;
- Invites greater awareness and expression of our Oneness with God and each other;
- Encourages authenticity and openness in all interactions and explorations; and
- Equips teens with diverse spiritual tools and practices to meet the challenges of everyday life.
… all in an atmosphere of love, laughter and safety!
Summer Youth Ministry – Joy Camp
Joy Camp is an annual summer youth ministry. Themed activities are offered for campers from kindergarten to fifth grade for a one-week half-day program. Unity teens participate as counselors to lead activities, create materials, and be of service.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are here to help.